Friday, February 21, 2014

Toy Fair Interview with Derryl DePriest

GI Joe G.I.Joe 50th anniversary Hasbro design team Cobra SDCCBloomberg has posted an interview with Derryl DePriest from Toy Fair. The interview mainly talks about where the brand's been, but also touches on where Hasbro intends to take it, and they also talk about what image Hasbro intends to portray with a military toy line in the modern world, click here to see it.

So, he didn't really say much, but Derryl didn't make me feel too good with his responses here. I'm not one of these who's constantly fretting that the line is over... but when asked about how GI Joe is innovating, it was like he blanked out. I'm sorry, but in the end of the day a Lego knock-off isn't innovation, even if it's moderately successful. I think GI Joe still has a future to it, although this interview gave me a feeling Hasbro has no clue what they're doing anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment